Right to Information
1. Rules of Business
- Regulation of relations between the Executive and the Legislature and summoning and prorogation of the West Bengal Legislative Assembly and programme of business of the Assembly.
- Notification of assent to Bills.
- Matters relating to the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association.
- Matters relating to the establishments of the Legislative Assembly Secretariat.
- Scrutiny of the advice on procedure in the Legislature.
- Administration of the office of the Chief Government Whip.
- Matters relating to Youth Parliament Scheme for Schools and Colleges.
2. Act Relevant for the Deptt.
- The Bengal Legislative Assembly ( Members’ Emoluments) Act, 1937 ( Bengal Act II of 1937). ( Passed before Independence)
- The West Bengal Legislative Assembly Proceedings ( Protection of Publication) Act, 1978 ( West Ben. Act LXIV of 1978).
- The West Bengal Legislative Assembly (Members’ Pension) Act, 1986 ( West Ben. Act XVIII of 1986).
- TheWest Bengal Legislative Assembly ( Removal of Disqualifications) Act, 2007 ( West Ben. Act XI of 2007).
3. Rules Relevant For The Department
- The West Bengal Legislative Assembly ( Members’ Allowances) Rules, 1959
- The West Bengal Legislative Assembly (Telephone Facilities to Members) Rules, 2005
- The West Bengal Legislative Assembly (Medical Facilities to Members) Rules,1980
- The West Bengal Legislative Assembly (Presiding Officers’ Medical Attendance) Rules,1973
- The West Bengal Legislative Assembly Members (Residential Accommodation) Rules,1980
- The West Bengal Legislative Assembly (Members’ Pension) Rules,1987
- The West Bengal Legislative Assembly(Medical facilities to Ex- Members and their spouses) Rules, 1999.
4. Directory of Officers and their Duties Duties Assigned to the Official of Parliamentary Affairs Deptt.
5. Budget of this Department
6. Decision Making Channel
Decision-making process in the Department may be illustrated through the following chart.
Hon’ble MIC of the Deptt.
Additional Chief Secretary
U.D.A. / L.D.A.
7. Information available in the Department
- Period of Session of West Bengal Legislative Assembly in different years
- Entitlement of the Members of West Bengal Legislative Assembly in terms at Pay Allowance, Medical Benefits etc.
- Detail Guidelines of the Competitions under West Bengal Youth Parliament Competition
8. SPIO Names :
||Name of the Public Authority
||Name of the Officer & Designation
||Appointed as (SPIO/SAPIO/AA)
||Office Address, Phone No., E-Mail etc.